15 Eylül 2007 Cumartesi

REVİEW OF MODALS

REVİEW OF MODALS



İZİN



MAY I go out?

CAN I go out?

COULD I go out?

WOULD you mind my going out?

He CAN go out?

You MAY go out?



RİCA, İSTEK, DİLEK



CAN you move aside?

COULD you move aside?

WOULD you please move aside?

WILL you please move aside?



NASİHAT, ÖĞÜT



You SHOULD eat less.

You OUGHT TO eat less.

You HAD BETTER eat less.

You SHOULDN’T eat something salty.

SHALL I eat something sweet?



ALIŞKANLIK



I USED TO get up early when I was a student.

I WOULD get up early when I was a student.



TERCİH ETME, YEĞLEME

I WOULD RATHER go by train than by bus.

I WOULD RATHER you went by train.



BEKLENTİ



He SHOULD get there by noon.

He OUGHT TO get there by noon.

He WILL get there by noon.

He MUST be sleeping.



KARARLILIK, İSTEKLİLİK



I WILL do my best to learn English.

I WOULD LİKE TO live as I like.

I WON’T / SHALL NOT drive a car over the normal limits.

I WILL NEVER drive a car over the normal limits.

You SHALL stay at home.

He SHALL stay at home.

WILL you go to the cinema to night?



YETENEK, KABİLİYET



I CAN do it by myself.

I AM ABLE TO do it by myself.

I COULD do it by myself when I was young.



EMRETME



You ARE TO do it again.

You SHALL do it again.

You MUSN’T do it again.

Do it again, WILL you!



KARARLAŞTIRMA



She WILL be getting married today.

She IS TO get married today.

She WAS TO have got married today.

WILL you be studying medicine?



SÖZ VERME, REDDETME



I WILL help you.

I WON’T help you.

You SHALL have your wages tomorrow.



ÖNERME, TEKLİF ETME, DAVET



SHALL I open the door?

WOULD you like me to open the door?

WILL you have seat?

WON’T you have seat?



İMKAN, OLANAK, İHTİMAL



He CAN be a spy.

He COULD be a spy.

He MAY be a spy.

He MIGHT be a spy.



GEREKLİLİK, ZORUNLULUK



You MUST do it.

You HAVE TO do it.

You OUGHT TO do it.

You SHOULD do it.



İHTİYAÇ OLMAMA, GEREKSİZLİK



You NEEDN’T do it.

You DON’T HAVE TO do it.

You HAVEN’T GOT TO do it.

You DIDN’T HAVE TO do it.

You DIDN’T NEED TO do it.

You HADN’T (GOT) TO do it.



YASAKLAMA



You OUGHTN’T TO smoke here.

You SHOULDN’T smoke here.

You HAD BETTER NOT smoke here.

You MUSTN’T smoke here.

You AREN’T TO smoke here.

Hiç yorum yok: